Tuesday 2 January 2018

Nigella Lawson's No Bake No Cook Easy Fudge Brownies



Hey Loves!

It was a late Friday evening, me and my family were wanting a sweet treat that's freshly baked and a little festive worthy. On top of my head, I was only able to come up with a crowd pleaser that's also very easy to make. Have I mentioned that this recipe is a no bake, no cook, fuss free and easy! All of my favorite things in one recipe. That's right! I'm that kind of lazy person.


Just because it requires minimal effort, do not discount the quality and the taste of the fudge brownies until you have taken the opportunity to sink your teeth into it.





Nigella Lawson is a Domestice Goddess I love and adore when it comes to the matters of the kitchen, it's cooking essentially. I love how she articulates her recipes details and her background mood, be it Express, Summer and a few other cooking shows she's had on international television. Each time, when I try out her recipe, it's almost I trying to mimic her cooking art. More about her later, let's go on with this fabulous fudge.

I made a twist to the recipe only because the original recipe calls for pistachios and I didn't have any with me. Instead, I had ground almond which are a great accompaniment to brownie lending an earthy nutty taste and coarse texture to the overall chocolate-y goodness..

No Bake No Cook Easy Fudge Recipe calls for;


  • 350 gms of 70 dark chocolate (good quality)
  • 200 gms of condensed milk (I've used less about 150 gms and the healthier version)
  • 100 gms of ground almond (Nigella's original recipe calls for broken pistachios)


Method:

Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and melt it over a slow boil over a small fire. As the chocolate starts melting into a gooey silky texture, add the condensed milk.

Keep an eye on the heat, we don't want to burn the chocolate and it should just be steam hovering over the saucepan. Once the condensed milk is well mixed, take the sauce pan off the heat and add the ground almond. Give it a few stirs.

Then quickly transfer it onto a square aluminium pan and refrigerate overnight (best) or for a minimum of 2hrs. If you're in a hurry, freeze it for 30mins.

Cut the fudge into bite sized squares and dust some icing sugar for a snow-y feel. I love how this recipe is easy and it makes delicious edible gifts for the hosts and hostess at any parties.

I hope you enjoyed this festive recipe blog post and I shall catch you in my next post, soon!


Love,
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig