Tuesday 10 January 2017

Smokey Blues Eye Look | THELEIAV



Excited to try out the NYX pigments from my Boxing Sale, I wanted a Blue Smokey Eye Look with the stunning blue pigment in Constellation.

Click here, to read more about my previous NYX Haul post

If you'd just like to know the full list of products, used to create this look. Here it is; 

Face

  • The Body Shop Instaglow CC Cream (Peachy Glow)
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer (Medium Neutral)
  • Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation (104 Golden Beige)

Eyes

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion (Eden)
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Transparent)
  • Maybelline The Nudes Palette
  • NYX Eye Shadow Base (White)
  • NYX Pigments (Constellation)
  • Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner (Stingray)
  • NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe (Nude Glam)

Face

  • theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer
  • ELF Warm Bronzer

Lips

  • Stila Lush Lips Water Plumping Primer
  • Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick (Midi)


FOR A PIC-TORIAL ON THIS LOOK, KEEP READING!!

To save time, my face is already prepped with bases. Moisturizer, eye gel, primer, foundation, concealer and eyebrows done? Check. Let's get on with the pictorial!



For the eyes, I put on an even layer of Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden and set it Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder.



I used the Maybelline The Nude palette for today's look. On a Sephora Crease Shadow Brush 73, I picked up the cool taupe-y brown shade from the first row, second from the left for an overall wash of color.

This shade is from the lash line to the brow bone only.



On a Sigma Small Tapered Blending Brush E45, I picked up the shadow next to the light brown shade, concentrating it on the inner, outer thirds and connecting at the crease. In a rainbow shape, with back and forth movements.


To ensure maximum color pay-off, I added a thin layer of NYX Eye Shadow Base in White onto the mids of the eye lid.


I then gently packed on NYX pigments in Constellation on the center of the eye lid space. Just take a LOOK at it's vibrancy!


With Zoeva 320 Smoky Liner brush, I picked up the black shade from the palette to deepen up the outer thirds and smoked it along the lower lash line.


I used the packing brush for the pigment with no more product, to connect with the black shadow meeting in the center. 


Blend out the first two shades above the crease for a smooth gradient.


To add more depth, I used Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Stingray for both tight lining and lower water lines.


The look is dramatic as it is, but I chose to glam it up further with NYX Glam Liner, Aqua Luxe in Glam Nude for the tops of my lash lines.


Next step was to coat my lashes with some mascara with Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara


I lightly bronzed the parameters of my face with theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer, a neutral shade.


If you're a fan of liquid lipsticks, you would probably know it's tendency to emphasize dry and chapped lips.

Make sure the lips are exfoliated and moisturized. I like layering on Stila Lush Lips, Water Plumping Primer before a liquid lipstick. 

Since the focus is the EYES, I kept the rest of the face on a simpler side. I had skipped blush while opting for a peachy pink shade for the lips like Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Midi


A tiny amount of glow never hurts, hence I used ELF Warm Bronzer to highlight the high points of my face.

I topped off the eyes with falsies from Chamelon in the style 004 with Ardell LashGrip Eyelash Adhesive to complete the look.

I hope you enjoyed this week's pic-torial!

I will see you very soon in my next post.


Love,


♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥


Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig