Friday 13 January 2017

Maybelline Super BB Cushion Fresh Matte Review | THELEIAV



I had almost given up my search for THE perfect BB Cream. I haven't had much luck with it, so far. Not for my skin type, not my shade and so on.

Until I chanced upon this new Maybelline Super BB Cushion at my local Watsons. It retails for SGD 26.90, I bought mine for SGD 21.52 with a 20% discount.

More about the BB Cushion, can be found here



First Impression


It is unfortunate once again to note just two shades to choose from. One is Light, meant for Snow White hence Light! The second shade Natural, to my surprise when swatch-ed on my jawline seemed like a close match.

It's packaging is the same box standard shape, size and contains 14gms of product, like most BB cushions.

On the Maybelline's official site, this product is said to be;

  • Shine-free skin all day
  • Flawless matte perfection
  • Feather light & non-sticky
  • does not clog pores & suitable for sensitive skin

I have a Review & Demo video up on my YouTube Channel, TheLeiaV
Click here to watch it



What I think of it?

I tried this product out with a damp Real Techniques Complexion Sponge and liked it's application and finish. True to it's claim, it did feel light-weight, not at all heavy. The face was done under ten minutes, tops! 






To continue testing, I used Real Techniques Angled Foundation Brush to apply the product. I liked that the brush picked up little at a time, went on with ease and glided onto the skin. With this brush, coverage is build-able to my preference. I chose to skip on the round puff that came with it.








When experimenting with a flat top brush, too much product went onto the brush, depositing a cake-y dollop of product with a gentle tap! A huge NO, if you don't want Cake face! It was the same with my Zoeva 110 Face Shape Brush, more product goes onto dry and densely packed brushes.

I can't imagine how much product, the round puff would deposit onto the skin!! I highly recommend not using the puff, if you're worried about breaking out and for better hygiene.

Is it worth it?

It does helps to control surface shine up to 2 hours of wear time as I have oily skin on my face. I like it's build-able coverage (medium on the fuller side). It's light-weight feel is a definite plus.

I like the convenience of this BB cream, saving me time from dispensing foundations onto the back of my hand. For sure, it eliminates the extra step of having to mix up a foundation cocktail to get my correct shade, each time. Application and blend-ability is a breeze with this product.

Combination, oily and more oil producing skin types may benefit from this BB cream as it could offer their, "matte perfection" It has not caused break outs on my skin, for at least three weeks of using it now. I believe, it may be suitable for sensitive skin. I always recommend a patch test first.

The only downside is the poor shade selection:( If you're of a medium complexion of deep yellow undertones with oily skin type like me), do try the Maybellline Super BB Cushion!!

I hope you enjoyed this week's product review! Please do share this post, if you did!!

I will see you very soon!

Love,







♥♥♥   Find me here!!!! ♥♥♥

Instagram: shanthiarumugam
Twitter: Shanthi Arumugam
Facebook: Shanthi Arumugam-Vimalan
Spotify: Shanaru6
Snapchat: shanaru6
Roposo: shanthivimalan
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

If there are any video requests for me, please drop me a message below. Thank You!!

© TheLeiaV | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig